DocFest is looking for a dedicated individual to fill the role of Coordinator for our 2023 season.
The successful candidate will work with the Festival Board to ensure the success of our 12th Annual Film Festival. This 8-month contract is intended to be a recurring annual position for the right individual.
If you or someone you know has film industry or festival experience, is passionate about documentary film and its capacity to promote social and political change, then we would love to hear from you!
Monday, June 20, 2022
About the position:
The Belleville Downtown DocFest International The Belleville Downtown DocFest International Documentary Film Festival is looking for a dedicated individual to join our team who will ensure the success of DocFest’s 12th Annual Festival. The Coordinator position is intended to be a recurring annual position.
Position, Dates and Hours:
8-month temporary contract position from September 2022 – May 2023 (approx. 35-weeks) total number of hours 1,000 – 1,100. Flexible hours will be considered.
$25-$30 per hour
The Coordinator reports to the Belleville Downtown DocFest Board and will work under the overall direction of the Board Chair.
Implementing the creative and artistic vision for the March 3-12, 2023, DocFest Film Festival, in keeping with our vision, mission and values https://downtowndocfest.ca/about/
Working collaboratively with the Chair and Board to ensure the success of DocFest 2023 by:
- Managing logistical and practical issues related to film selection, programming, publicity, and promotion of the festival
- Assisting DocFest’s Programming Committee in selecting outstanding films
- Generating and/or overseeing social media content for the festival
- Managing and vetting online film submissions
- Working to maintain and grow sponsorships and to ensure that there is a ‘fit’ for festival sponsors with the films selected
- Coordinating with directors, film distributors and other sources to secure screening rights for all selected films
- Creating the festival schedule
- Organizing and managing the attendance of invited directors/producers/subjects/other special guests at the festival
- Working with other contractors, directing the production of all festival materials, including the catalogue(s), posters, tickets, and all other promotional material
- Developing DocFest’s website content
- Preparing grant applications and reports
- Developing all programming supplemental to films: concert, panel discussions/related creative performances, etc.
- Post-secondary training or experience in film studies, filmmaking/production, or related media/visual/arts or communications studies
- Experience with successful festival or event planning
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential
- Proven capacity to work collaboratively and harmoniously with other contract staff, volunteers, community groups, funding agencies and sponsors
- Must be proficient in a range of social media platforms with experience using WordPress or similar content management systems
- Experience presenting events using a broadcast platform to stream films, experience with Eventive preferred
- Must be self-motivated, an independent problem solver and able to work under pressure
- Have a capacity to successfully work within limited budgets and with tight timelines
- Must be punctual, organized, and attentive to detail
- Knowledge of Belleville and the Bay of Quinte Region
- Knowledge of the arts and/or not-for-profit sectors in the Bay of Quinte Region
- Experience working with community groups and not-for-profits
- A demonstrated belief in the capacity of documentary film to promote progressive societal and political change in communities large and small
The successful candidate will work remotely and be required to work some evenings and weekends including, but not limited to the festival dates, March 3-12, 2023.The successful candidate will be required to be in Belleville for live screenings and events during the 2023 festival.
Please email the following to DocFest Hiring Committee: email@example.com
- Cover letter and resume
- Full contact details for two professional references
DocFest invites applications from all qualified individuals. We welcome applications from visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview by the Hiring Committee will be contacted. No telephone inquiries. All applications will be considered confidential.