DocFest is looking for a dedicated individual to fill the role of Coordinator for our 2022 season.
The successful candidate will work with the Festival Board to ensure the success of our 11th Annual Film Festival. This 7-month position is intended to be a recurring annual position for the right individual.
If you or someone you know has film industry or festival experience, is passionate about documentary film and its capacity to promote social and political change, then we would love to hear from you!
Tuesday, September 21, 2021
About the position:
The Belleville Downtown DocFest International Documentary Film Festival is looking for a dedicated individual to join our team who will ensure the success of DocFest’s 11th Annual Festival. The Coordinator position is intended to be a recurring annual position.
7- month temporary full-time.
Position Dates and Hours
October 4, 2021 – April 30, 2022 (35 hours per week, for 29 weeks).
Total number of hours: 1015 hours.
Flexible hours and / or an alternate arrangement of (28 hours per week, for 29 weeks) – a total number of hours 812 hours may also be considered.
$21 per hour
The Coordinator is an employee of the Belleville Downtown DocFest Board and will work under the overall direction of the Festival Chair (FC).
Implementing the creative and artistic vision for the 2022 DocFest Film Festival, in keeping with our vision, mission and values.
- Assisting in film selection and creative programming for DocFest 2022
- Managing logistical and practical issues related to film selection, programming, publicity, and promotion of the festival
- Working collaboratively with the FC and Board to ensure the success of DocFest 2022
- Assisting DocFest’s Programming Committee in selecting films for DocFest 2022
- With the FC, managing the current online submission process
- Vetting online submissions for the Programming Committee to assess their suitability for DocFest
- Working closely with the FC to maintain and grow sponsorships and to ensure that there is a ‘fit’ for festival sponsors with the films selected
- Working with directors, film distributors and other sources to secure all the selected films for the festival
- Assisting in mapping out the festival schedule
- Organizing and managing the attendance of invited directors/producers/subjects/other special guests at the festival
- Working closely with the FC and outside contractors, directing the production of all festival materials, including the catalogue(s), posters, tickets, and all other promotional material
- With the FC and Board, developing DocFest’s website content
- With the FC, preparing grant applications and reports
- Generating and/or overseeing social media content for the festival
- With the FC and Board, developing all programming supplemental to films: panel discussions/related creative performances, etc.
- Post-secondary training or experience in film studies, filmmaking/production, or related media/visual/arts or communications studies
- Experience with successful festival or event planning, online festivals or event experience an asset
- Proven capacity to work collaboratively and harmoniously with other contract staff, volunteers, community groups, funding agencies and sponsors
- Must be proficient in a range of social media platforms with experience using WordPress or similar content management systems
- Experience presenting events using a broadcast platform to stream films, experience with Eventive preferred
- Must be self-motivated, an independent problem solver and able to work under pressure
- Have a capacity to successfully work within limited budgets and with tight timelines
- Must be punctual, organized and attentive to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of Belleville and the Bay of Quinte Region
- Knowledge of the arts and/or not-for-profit sectors in Belleville
- Experience working with community groups and not-for-profit
- A demonstrated belief in the capacity of documentary film to promote progressive societal and political change in communities large and small
The successful candidate will be required to work some evenings and weekends including, but not limited to the festival dates, March 4-13, 2022.
The successful candidate may work remotely but will be required to be in Belleville for live screenings and events during the 2022 festival.
Please email the following:
- Cover letter and resume
- One sample of your written work that demonstrates your creative/artistic/film/film studies background (links to online portfolios are adequate if appropriate here)
- Full contact details for two professional references
To: Docfest Hiring Committee – firstname.lastname@example.org
DocFest invites applications from all qualified individuals. We welcome applications from visible minorities, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview by the Hiring Committee will be contacted. No telephone inquiries. All applications are considered confidential.