DocFest Needs You!
Volunteers are crucial to the smooth operation of Belleville Downtown DocFest International Documentary Film Festival.
Due to an overwhelming response to our call for volunteers for the 2024, 13th annual Downtown Docfest, we will no longer be able to receive volunteer applications for the upcoming festival.
If you’d like to get involved next year, please make sure to subscribe for email alerts. Volunteer opportunities will be re-opened after we announce the dates for the 2025 Festival.
Please see the Volunteer FAQ’s below to learn more about volunteer expectations and benefits.
Subscribe to receive the latest news and announcements in your inbox.
What do you do as a volunteer?
A festival volunteer is responsible for taking one five-hour shift during the festival weekend. Weekend volunteers are generally responsible for setting up chairs before the festival, taking tickets, audience counts, ushering, pre-film announcements, program distribution and patron assistance.
What can volunteers expect from the experience?
Downtown DocFest offers volunteers the opportunity to:
- contribute their skills and gain valuable experience and knowledge through participation in the film festival
- be a part of Belleville’s vibrant arts and cultural community
- work in a high-energy environment featuring documentary filmmakers and industry professionals
In appreciation of their time and dedication volunteers receive:
- volunteer training
- an official green Belleville Downtown DocFest t-shirt
- a complimentary coffee and muffin on the day of your shift
- an invitation to the Local Filmmakers’ Reception
What else do volunteers receive?
First Time Volunteers and Second Year Returning Volunteers Receive
Three RUSH tickets to in-person films of their choice (excluding the Friday Night Opening Gala) plus two tickets to watch two films online.
Third Year Returning Volunteers Receive
One in-person Festival Pass to all films (excluding the Friday Night Opening Gala) plus two tickets to watch two on-line films in appreciation of their continued dedication to DocFest.
Who makes a great DocFest volunteer?
Someone who is:
- volunteers must be a minimum of 18 years old
- friendly, interested in what’s going on, and sensitive to the needs of others
- a dependable and responsible team player who works well under pressure
- of course, a film lover